Researcher and lecturer, University of Warwick, Department of Education Studies.
My research and teaching are focused on supporting students, school leaders and policy-makers to improve education through research- and evidence-informed policy and practice. I have specialist methodological expertise relating to research synthesis and review; quantitative methods and secondary data analysis; evaluation, enquiry, and improvement; social research methodology; and knowledge mobilisation, exchange and use.
My work has been cited widely and internationally including by a UK Parliament Briefing, UNESCO, the Young Lives International Study, FFT Education Datalab and featured in national news media, including a BBC Radio 4 interview.
- Educational Improvement: Research and Evidence-Informed Approaches (module leader)
- Foundation Research Methods in Education (module leader)
- Advanced research methods (on review and synthesis, and on research questions)
- Pupil school mobility (secondary data analysis)
- Educational Disadvantage (configurational review)
- Replication study (mapping review and co-editor of special journal issue)
- Ethnicity, gender, SEND and attainment (secondary data analysis)
- Evidence-informed policy and practice (book)